1. Definition of recount text
Recount text is text that retell about a story, experience, and other. recount text use simple past tense or past perfect tense in its phrase. recount text retell about past event. recount text use adverbs of time, for example : when, one day, once upon a time, last holiday , after, before, and other. its very easy to different recount text from another text. you can make recount text from your story.
in the recount text we will not get “is” or “are” in the phrase but it will change to “was” or “were”. usually in recount text, the subject is I, or the name of human.
Generic Structure of Report
1. General classification: Stating classification of general aspect of thing; animal, public place, plant, etc which will be discussed in general
2. Description: Describing the thing which will be discussed in detail; part per part , customs or deed for living creature and usage for materials
Language Feature of Report
• Introducing group or general aspect
• Using conditional logical connection; when, so, etc
• Using simple present tense
Narrative is a text focusing specific participants which tells an interesting story. Its social function is to tell stories or past events and entertain or amuse the readers.
Generic Structure of Narrative
A narrative text will consists of the following structure:
1. Orientation: Introducing the participants and informing the time and the place
2. Complication: Describing the rising crises which the participants have to do with
3. Resolution: Showing the way of participant to solve the crises, better or worse
Language Features of Narrative
- Using processes verbs
- Using temporal conjunction
- Using Simple Past Tense
- Identification; identifying the phenomenon to be described.
- Description; describing the phenomenon in parts, qualities, or/and characteristics.
- Using attributive and identifying process.
- Using adjective and classifiers in nominal group.
- Using simple present tense
5. Definition of Procedure text
Definition Of Procedure Text
Procedure text is a text that is designed to describe how something is achieved through a sequence of actions or steps. It explains how people perform different processes in a sequence of steps. This text uses simple present tense, often imperative sentences. It also uses the temporal conjunction such as first, second, then, next, finally, etc.
The generic structures of procedure text are :
1. Goal/aim ( or title)
2. Materials (not required for all procedural texts)
3. Steps (the actions that must be taken)
NAMA : FARHAH FAHYUNA .A.